August 25, 2010
First 5 problems
1. 52 people went to the parent's meeting. If 4 people share a table, then how many tables are needed?
2. A cinema has 45 rows with 32 seats each. To Avatar's premiere 984 students attended. How many seats were not occupied?
3. 12 boxes of mangoes were delivered to a factory, there were 42 mangoes in each box. Of all mangoes 4 were rotten and had to be thrown away. The remaining mangoes were packed into boxes of 5 mangoes each to send to various supermarkets. How many boxes of mangoes were sent to the supermarkets?
4. There were 8500 spectators (men and women) at a soccer match, 6476 were men. Of the remaining spectators how many were women?
5. In a box, there are 441 color pencils that have to be handed out to to three different classes. If each class has 49 students. How many color pencils will each student receive?